Mads Pedersen acquired himself and his Trek-Segafredo squad into the victory column as we speak on the 2022 Tour de France with an aggressive journey to St-Etienne that resulted in a dominant dash win on the race’s thirteenth stage. Pedersen, who was additionally awarded the combativity prize on the day, break up the ultimate group right into a three-man break with Hugo Houle of Israel Premier Tech and Fred Wright of Bahrain Victorious, and simply fended off just a few challenges from the pair earlier than thundering house to victory.
The 2022 Tour has instantly develop into a Danish Delight, with three totally different riders from the nation taking stage wins within the final 4 days — Magnus Cort Nielsen on stage 10 and Jonas Vingegaard, the present maillot jaune, on stage 11. Pedersen, the previous World Champion, has been in search of a chance so as to add a Tour stage to his spectacular legacy and wasn’t to be denied as we speak. After yesterday’s win by Tom Pidcock, this additionally marks two straight wins for riders from the Cobbled Classics class making their impression on the Tour.
No adjustments on GC because the bunch rolled house collectively.
- Mads Pedersen Trek-Segafredo, 04:13:03
- Fred Wright Bahrain Victorious+ 00
- Hugo Houle Israel-Premier Tech+ 00
- Stefan Küng Groupama-FDJ+ 30
- Matteo Jorgenson Movistar Workforce+ 30
- Filippo Ganna INEOS Grenadiers+ 32
- Wout van Aert Jumbo-Visma+ 05:45
- Florian Sénéchal Fast-Step Alpha Vinyl Workforce+ 05:45
- Luca Mozzato B&B Inns-KTM+ 05:45
- Andrea Pasqualon Intermarché-Wanty-Gobert+ 05:45
- Alberto Dainese Workforce DSM+ 05:45
- Tadej Pogacar UAE Workforce Emirates+ 05:45
- Marco Haller BORA-hansgrohe+ 05:45
- Alexander Kristoff Intermarché-Wanty-Gobert+ 05:45
- Amaury Capiot Workforce Arkéa-Samsic+ 05:45
- Tiesj Benoot Jumbo-Visma+ 05:45
- Guillaume Boivin Israel-Premier Tech+ 05:45
- Edvald Boasson-Hagen TotalEnergies+ 05:45
- Jonas Vingegaard Jumbo-Visma+ 05:45
- Christophe Laporte Jumbo-Visma+ 05:45
Le Bourg d’Oisans – St Étienne 192.6 km
Dash or breakaway I suppose is the primary query. I appear to recall dash groups very reluctant to rely this as a dash alternative earlier than the race however who is aware of.
Anticipated end: 17:25 – 17:50 CEST
Just a little little bit of each of the Day : Peter Sagan
Overlaying my bases with a man who might win in each eventualities. The way in which he regarded in Denmark I’d be a little bit stunned if he walked away from this Tour emptyhanded.