Alot of individuals suppose BBQs are all in regards to the meat and the beer, however for me, alfresco eating is all about recent, seasonal meals and lightweight, wholesome meals. So, whether or not you’re internet hosting a giant BBQ for all your mates, otherwise you’re a visitor and need to take one thing mild and wholesome that everybody will love, the next two recipes ought to hit the spot! First up is the Wild Rice Salad recipe from my guide Eat Stunning, which is all the time a success because of the nutty combination of the wild and brown rice. Subsequent is my Frozen Banana Lollies, additionally from my guide, that are a stunning summer season dessert various which have skin-benefiting elements and are simply as scrumptious as industrial ice lollies. They’re nice for displaying off to company at a BBQ. Get pleasure from!
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS
Wild Rice Salad
That is certainly one of my buddy Dom’s signature dishes and it’s a actual winner. The beautiful nutty texture of untamed rice works so completely – an amazing addition to a summer season barbecue.
440 CALORIES PER SERVING
- Boil every rice in evenly salted water following the packet directions. Drain and rinse below chilly water.
- In the meantime, toast the pistachios in a dry pan over a medium warmth for 2-3 minutes, tossing continuously in order that they don’t burn. Take away and evenly crush.
- Place the rice in a serving bowl, add the lemon juice, mint, rocket, garlic and dried fruit, and mix properly.
- Drizzle over the oil, then season and sprinkle the toasted nuts excessive to serve.
Frozen Banana Lollies
102 CALORIES PER SERVING
400ml coconut or unsweetened almond milk
2 massive bananas, peeled
2 tbsp runny honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp shredded coconut
Handful of floor hazelnuts (or additional shredded coconut) for dipping
This frozen combination of mashed up banana, coconut cream and honey makes a gorgeously creamy deal with through the summer season months. It’s simply as candy as a industrial iced lolly however with a pure and fascinating flavour with a bunch of skin-feeding actives as properly.
- Pour half of the milk right into a meals processor and add the bananas, honey and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, then course of till easy.
- In a bowl, whisk collectively the remaining coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- Divide the banana combination between six lolly moulds.
- Layer the coconut combination on prime of the banana combination, then depart in a freezer for a minimum of 6 hours or till fully frozen.
- Take away the lollies from their moulds by dipping them in heat water for 10 seconds. Tip the bottom hazelnuts (or shredded coconut) right into a deep bowl, then dip the highest 5-8cm of every lolly into the nuts to coat.
- Place the lollies again within the freezer to set. They are going to be prepared after 5 minutes or everytime you fancy one.
© Wendy Rowe. All Rights Reserved.