This Spicy Frito Corn Salad is a straightforward summer time salad recipe loaded with candy corn, crisp veggies, chili warmth and zesty, creamy dressing. Completed off with the beneficiant crunch of tacky, spicy Fritos! Brace your style buds for a taste bomb of epic proportions.
Tremendous Easy Corn Salad Recipe
We’re huge followers of Southwestern flavors in my home. From Spicy Chipotle Lime Rooster Soup, to Skillet Frachos, there’s by no means a boring second. And are available summertime when the climate is heat, no Mexican night time or cookout is full with out this straightforward and spicy Frito corn salad.
I say easy, but the flavors of this summer time corn salad are simply out-of-this-world yum. In the event you love Tex Mex recipes, and simple salads, then you definitely’re gonna love this creamy Southwest-style salad topped with crunchy spicy Fritos simply as a lot as I do.
This corn salad recipe is a definitive taste bomb that you may serve subsequent to tacos, as a BBQ aspect, or all by itself for a contemporary and lightweight weekday meal.
What You’ll Want
Okay, okay. The listing would possibly look a bit lengthy, however I promise the components for this Mexican corn salad are tremendous simple to return by! And the flavour payoff is subsequent stage. Right here’s the overview of what you’ll want (confer with the recipe card for detailed quantities):
- Corn: I take advantage of canned corn for comfort. Don’t overlook to empty it!
- Tomatoes: Ripe Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced.
- Roasted Pink Peppers: I really like the depth of taste that comes from roasting the peppers beforehand.
- Inexperienced Bell Peppers: For his or her crisp texture and juicy taste.
- Jalapeños: In true Southwestern type, I embrace diced jalapeños for a pleasant kick.
- Pink Onion: Diced. You might additionally use one other number of onion, like white or yellow.
- Salt and Pepper
- Cilantro: Recent chopped cilantro. You’ll be able to substitute one other herb like basil or parsley, if cilantro isn’t your cup of tea.
- Adobo Sauce: I take advantage of the sauce from a can of chipotles in adobo. Use any leftover chilies and sauce for Sluggish Cooker Taco Truck Chili!
- Lime Juice: Freshly squeezed.
- Mayonnaise: Provides creaminess and taste to the dressing. You can too sub in Miracle Whip, bitter cream, or ranch dressing in the event you desire.
- Cotija Cheese: I toss crumbled cotija cheese within the salad, with additional for garnish. You’ll be able to
- Chili Cheese Fritos: Coarsely crushed.
Can I Use Recent Corn?
You’ll be able to positively use contemporary corn instead of canned corn on this recipe. Shave the corn kernels from the cob, or make this salad with grilled corn.
Methods to Make Spicy Corn Salad With Fritos
Prepare for the EASIEST salad you’ll ever make. I’d give a countdown from 10, however then you may have already got this salad prepped by then!
Mix: Aside from the Fritos (for now), toss all of the salad components collectively in a big bowl.
Chill: Cowl and refrigerate for an hour, or longer in the event you’d like. This lets all these spicy flavors mingle and develop.
Serve: Take your salad out of the fridge and stir within the crushed Fritos. Give the corn salad an additional garnish with cotija cheese, then serve instantly.
What did I inform you? Simple peasy.
Ideas for Success
There isn’t a lot that may go fallacious when making this tremendous simple corn salad! However to be sure you take pleasure in this salad at its finest, listed below are some ideas to remember:
- Serve Instantly: The Fritos will lose their crunch the longer the salad sits, and whereas the flavour continues to be wonderful, nothing beats this salad served contemporary with crunchy Fritos!
- Don’t Over-Crush the Fritos: I’ve discovered that the best technique to calmly crush the Fritos is with a gallon freezer bag and a rolling pin. Alternatively, you possibly can squeeze the bag a few instances. Strive to not crush the chips too tremendous, as you’ll wind up with powdery bits and smaller items that may flip soggy sooner.
- Alter the Warmth: There are methods you possibly can tone down the spice ranges of this salad for milder palates. One is to omit the jalapeños, one other is to make use of much less adobo sauce. You can too use plain Fritos as a substitute of the spicy chili cheese selection.
Listed here are simply among the some ways that you may change up the flavors and components of this spicy Frito salad:
- Totally different Chips: I take advantage of the chili cheese Fritos for my spicy salad, however you should use different varieties like plain Fritos or BBQ Fritos, and even corn chips in the event you desire.
- Totally different Cheese: You need to use any number of Tex-Mex-style cheese on this recipe. Strive cheddar, Pepper Jack, Monterey Jack, or Colby Jack instead of the cotija cheese.
- Add Beans: Be at liberty to toss in a can of black beans or pinto beans (rinsed) to make this corn salad additional hearty.
- Extra Veggies: The most effective factor a few salad is that you should use up any veggies that is likely to be kicking round within the fridge. For this corn salad, I’d advocate sticking to heartier greens that may maintain up within the dressing. Yellow bell peppers, chopped kale or cabbage, chopped asparagus, radishes, and carrots are good choices.
What Goes With Frito Corn Salad?
From Taco Evening to entertaining, there are numerous methods to show this simple salad right into a meal. Listed here are some options for find out how to serve Frito salad:
Leftover Frito salad will be saved hermetic within the fridge. Keep in mind that the Frito items will grow to be soggy and lose their freshness over time, although. The flavors will nonetheless be superior, however the texture gained’t rival Fritos which are contemporary and crunchy!
For that reason, in the event you plan to make this salad forward of time, or if you’re going to have leftovers, combine all of the salad components collectively and depart off the Fritos till you’re able to serve.
Extra Foolproof Summer season Salads to Strive
This Spicy Frito Corn Salad is a straightforward summer time salad recipe loaded with candy corn, crisp veggies, chili warmth and zesty, creamy dressing. Completed off with the beneficiant crunch of tacky, spicy Fritos!
- 2 (15.25 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3/4 diced roasted purple peppers
- 1/3 cup diced inexperienced bell peppers
- 1 small jalapeno, diced
- 1/4 cup diced purple onion
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon contemporary floor black pepper
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons Adobo sauce (from a can of chipotles in adobo)
- 2 tablespoons contemporary lime juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 2 cups coarsely crushed chili cheese Fritos
- In a big bowl mix all of the components besides the Fritos Stir to mix.
- Cowl and refrigerate for at the least an hour.
- When able to serve, combine within the crushed Fritos and stir. Prime with extra cotija cheese to garnish. Serve instantly.
Serve instantly, because the Fritos do lose their crunch because the salad sits. It’s going to nonetheless be good with the softer Fritos, however the crunchy Fritos are scrumptious and the perfect technique to take pleasure in this salad!
Key phrases: mexican corn salad, summer time corn salad, summer time salad recipes
Need To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: