It is time for an additional Dealmaster. Our newest roundup of the most effective tech offers from across the net features a limited-time promotion on HBO Max subscriptions. As of this writing, new and returning clients to the video streaming service can take 30 p.c off a one-year subscription once they pay for the 12 months prematurely. This brings the ad-free model of the service down from $150 to $105 (or simply beneath $9 a month) and the ad-supported tier down from $100 to $70 (or simply beneath $6 a month). The promotion technically went dwell just a few weeks in the past, however HBO Max says the deal might be obtainable via October 30.
To place the provide into context, new HBO Max proprietor Warner Bros. Discovery just lately began culling content material from the service as a part of a serious cost-cutting drive, even going as far as to cancel high-profile options like Batgirl earlier than their scheduled launch. Final month, the corporate additionally introduced plans to merge HBO Max with the Discovery+ streaming service by the summer time of 2023, although it hasn’t clarified what that service will price or how the merger will have an effect on current subscribers. The promotion right here, then, seems to be to be a method to stem subscriber losses and lock in additional clients for the 12 months forward.
That mentioned, that is nonetheless a reasonably sizable low cost. And even after shedding dozens of titles, HBO Max nonetheless has loads of worthwhile binge fodder, together with Ars-approved collection like Hacks, His Darkish Supplies, and The White Lotus, newer well-reviewed titles like The Rehearsal and Sport of Thrones prequel Home of the Dragon, and well-known fare like The Sopranos, Intercourse and the Metropolis, and Curb Your Enthusiasm. If you are not fatigued by the glut of streaming providers asking in your consideration as of late, or for those who’ve been seeking to give the service a attempt anyway, it is a first rate deal. Simply notice that the provide cannot be used to increase an current membership.
Past that, our roundup additionally has comparable promotions for competing providers like Disney+ and Peacock. And for those who’ve received sufficient to stream as it’s, we even have lower-than-usual costs on Apple’s iPad and iPad Mini, Wacom drawing tablets, gaming screens, and tons of video video games, amongst different well-reviewed tech gear. As we write this, we’re additionally seeing inventory obtainable for a PlayStation 5 bundle, although that may change shortly. In any occasion, you’ll find our full curated record of offers under.
Ars Technica could earn compensation for gross sales from hyperlinks on this put up via affiliate applications.
Featured offers of the day
Laptop computer and desktop PC offers
- Asus Zenbook 14 14-inch laptop computer (Core i5-1240P, 2880×1800 OLED, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD) for $550 (
$700) at Greatest Purchase
- Lenovo Yoga 6 13.3-inch 2-in-1 laptop computer (Ryzen 7 5700U, 1920×1200, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD) for $700 (
$850) at Greatest Purchase
- Apple MacBook Air (2022, Midnight) 13.6-inch laptop computer (Apple M2, 2560×1664, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD) for $1,099 (
$1,199) at Amazon, B&H
- Apple MacBook Professional (2021) 14.2-inch laptop computer (Apple M1 Professional, 3024×1964, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD) for $1,599 (
$1,850) at Greatest Purchase
- Apple MacBook Professional (2021) 16.2-inch laptop computer (Apple M1 Professional, 3456×2234, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD) for $2,099 (
$2,265) at Amazon, Greatest Purchase
- Microsoft Floor Laptop computer Go 2 12.4-inch laptop computer (Core i5-1135G7, 1536×1024, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD) for $600 (
$685) at Walmart
- Microsoft Floor Professional 8 13-inch pill PC (Core i5-1135G7, 2880×1920, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD) + Floor Professional Keyboard for $900 (
$1,025) at Microsoft
- Lenovo Legion 5i Professional (Gen 7) 16-inch gaming laptop computer (Core i7-12700H, 2560×1600, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GPU) for $1,599 (
$1,950) at Walmart
- WD Black SN850 (1TB) PCIe 4.0 SSD w/ heatsink for $110 (
$145) at WD, Newegg
- ViewSonic Elite XG270Q 27-inch gaming monitor (2560×1440, IPS, 165 Hz, G-Sync) for $260 (
$375) at Amazon, Goal, Greatest Purchase
- Gigabyte M32QC 31.5-inch gaming monitor (2560×1440, VA, 165 Hz, VRR) for $230 (
$305) at Amazon, Newegg
- Gigabyte M32Q 32-inch gaming monitor (2560×1440, IPS, 170 Hz, VRR) for $300 (
$390) at Amazon, Newegg