Recent peaches, buttery piecrust, and a pecan-packed Browned Butter Pecan Streusel make this Georgia Peach Pie with Pecan Streusel a candy, summertime favourite. With peaches now at peak season, it’s solely pure to pair them with one other Georgia staple—crunchy, nutty pecans—to create this recent, fruity pie. The juicy, candy filling is accented with notes of fragrant nutmeg and vanilla, whereas the streusel advantages from the toasted crunch of Schermer Pecans. The candy, nearly buttery taste of Schermer Pecans performs completely with the nutty taste of browned butter, giving this pie an unexpectedly decadent chunk. Don’t be shocked if serving a single slice elicits wild proclamations of timeless love and eager for one other slice.
Based in 1946, Schermer Pecans takes pleasure in its pecans, from its timber to your desk. Whenever you purchase from Schermer Pecans—one of many few family-run firms to develop, shell, and distribute its personal pecans—you could be positive you’re getting persistently recent, high quality pecans. When you’re trying to incorporate pecans into extra of your bakes, be sure you register to obtain Schermer Pecans’ newest assortment of spring- and summer-inspired pecan recipes. Enroll through electronic mail right here, and an easy-to-print PDF might be despatched proper to your inbox!
Georgia Peach Pie with Pecan Streusel
- 5 cups (650 grams) ¼- to ½-inch-sliced recent peaches* (about 5 medium peaches)
- ¾ cup (150 grams) plus 2 tablespoons (24 grams) granulated sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon (2 grams) packed lemon zest
- 1½ tablespoons (22.5 grams) recent lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- All-Butter Piecrust (recipe follows)
- 1 tablespoon (8 grams) cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons (20 grams) low-sugar fruit pectin
- 1 vanilla bean, cut up lengthwise, seeds scraped and reserved
- ¼ teaspoon floor nutmeg
- Browned Butter Pecan Streusel (recipe follows)
- In a big bowl, toss collectively peaches, ¾ cup (150 grams) sugar, lemon zest and juice, and salt. Let stand for half-hour.
- On a frivolously floured floor, roll All-Butter Piecrust right into a 13½-inch circle (about ⅛ inch thick). Switch to a 9-inch pie plate (see Be aware), urgent into backside and up sides. Trim dough to ½ inch past fringe of plate. Fold edges underneath, and crimp as desired. Utilizing an ornamental cutter, lower shapes out of scraps, rerolling as crucial. Place on outer fringe of piecrust, utilizing a bit of water to stick, if wanted. Freeze for half-hour.
- Switch 1 cup peach combination to a small bowl, and mash with a fork. Utilizing a colander, pressure remaining peach combination over a big bowl. Reserve ½ cup (132 grams) peach liquid; discard remaining peach liquid, or reserve for one more use. Return drained peaches to massive bowl, and toss with cornstarch.
- Place oven rack in backside third of oven. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a small skillet, whisk collectively reserved ½ cup (132 grams) peach liquid, pectin, reserved vanilla bean seeds, nutmeg, and remaining 2 tablespoons (24 grams) sugar. Prepare dinner over medium warmth till pectin dissolves and combination is barely thickened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Toss collectively peach combination and reserved 1 cup mashed peaches; pour into ready crust. Drizzle with pectin combination. High with Browned Butter Pecan Streusel. Place pie on a foil-lined baking sheet. (Filling might look a bit shallow however will fill crust as soon as baked.)
- Bake for 20 minutes, loosely overlaying crust with foil to forestall extra browning, if wanted. Cut back oven temperature to 375°F (190°C), and loosely cowl pie with foil. Bake till crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 48 to 52 minutes extra. Let cool utterly earlier than slicing.
Be aware: Utilizing a glass pie plate is an effective way to keep watch over how your crust is baking. It basically offers a window to examine when your crust is absolutely golden brown and keep away from any soggy bottoms.
Browned Butter Pecan Streusel
- ¼ cup (57 grams) unsalted butter
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon (71 grams) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (57 grams) chopped Schermer Pecans
- ¼ cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons (28 grams) firmly packed darkish brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- In a small saucepan, soften butter over medium warmth. Prepare dinner till butter turns a medium-brown colour and has a nutty aroma, 7 to eight minutes. Take away from warmth, and let cool barely.
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively flour, pecans, sugars, and salt. Drizzle with browned butter, and stir with a wood spoon till mixed. Crumble together with your fingertips till desired consistency is reached.
- 2¼ cups (281 grams) all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons (16 grams) granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons (4.5 grams) kosher salt
- ⅔ cup (150 grams) chilly unsalted butter, cubed
- 5 to 7 tablespoons (75 to 105 grams) ice water
- Within the work bowl of a meals processor, place flour, sugar, and salt; pulse till mixed. Add butter, and pulse till combination is crumbly and butter items are pea-size. Add 5 to 7 tablespoons (75 to 105 grams) ice water, 1 tablespoon (15 grams) at a time, pulsing till dough comes collectively.
- Form dough right into a disk. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours. Refrigerate for as much as 3 days, or freeze for as much as 2 months.