Re-sharing this publish as a result of it’s a yearly staple for us and I do know so lots of you like them, too!! These flourless pumpkin chocolate chip bars are SO good and I normally have all the components for this wholesome fall dessert readily available and able to go.
Let the avalanche of all issues pumpkin start.
I really feel like this yr, lots of people are taking part in it cool in terms of pumpkin. You realize, attempting to not act *too* enthusiastic about its arrival. (Additionally it may completely be the truth that many people are nonetheless experiencing true summer season climate.) After which, there are folks like me who’ve already loved a PSL (or a number of….), and upon seeing the shelf of pumpkin-filled cans at Dealer Joe’s, I did the slow-mo run to them, arms extensive open, and a creepy smile on my face.
I simply can’t assist myself.
Whereas the Pilot doesn’t go loopy for pumpkin in any respect, I gave delivery to 2 pumpkin-obsessed little pals, who share my enthusiasm for this festive gourd.
Flourless Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
This afternoon, I made a decision to embark on my first pumpkin baking journey of the season, with chocolate chip pumpkin bars. It was a twist on my beloved flourless blueberry breakfast bake (recipe is in the e book!), and makes use of creamy almond butter and egg as the bottom. The consequence: a dense, buttery, completely spiced, and candy wholesome pumpkin dessert or snack. It’s additionally superb within the morning with some butter and a aspect of scrambled eggs.
Right here’s this wholesome pumpkin recipe in the event you’d like to present it a attempt!
and a video!
Flourless pumpkin chocolate chip bars
A festive and scrumptious dessert or snack possibility for the autumn season! No flour, grains or refined sugar.
- Prep Time: 10
- Complete Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a 9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray or grease with coconut oil.
- 2. In a big bowl, use a fork to whisk the almond butter till fluffy. Add the egg and blend nicely.
- 3. Stir within the pumpkin and remaining components, gently folding within the chocolate chips.
- 4. Pour into your ready baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, till barely golden and set. Enable to chill fully earlier than storing lined within the fridge.
One thing to speak about: Pumpkin fanatic: sure or not a lot?! What’s your favourite fall dessert recipe?