That is tremendous crunchy, cluster-filled pumpkin spice granola, a seasonal favourite full of fall goodies together with pecans, dried cranberries, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and pumpkin seeds (pepitas). Including egg whites to the moist components helps promise tremendous crunchy clusters. The granola is frivolously sweetened and wholesome, plus it’s gluten free if utilizing licensed GF oats.
In between all of the pumpkin cookies and pumpkin pie through the fall season, it’s splendidly refreshing to have a pumpkin spiced-treat that’s on the more healthy aspect. I make this pumpkin spice granola on a regular basis, swapping in new add-ins and goodies typically. You’ll admire that the recipe is tremendous customizable, so if you happen to don’t like nuts or cranberries, for instance, you may simply substitute.
Right here’s Why You’ll Love This Pumpkin Spice Granola:
- Fast & straightforward to make.
- Good-for-you healthful components.
- Crunchy! Sure, this granola is crunchy AND stays crunchy.
- Texture-packed and prepared to your favourite add-ins.
- Massive clusters, aka the very best a part of granola.
- Scrumptious with home made pumpkin pie spice.
- Frivolously sweetened with maple syrup and a contact of brown sugar.
This recipe has lived on my web site since 2013 and it’s persistently a comfortable Autumnal favourite. It’s by far the crunchiest, most flavorful pumpkin granola I’ve tried and I examined many variations to determine the very best ratio of components.
Key Elements To Use & Why
- Oats: Old school complete rolled oats are key on this recipe, making up the majority of the dry components. I don’t advocate fast or instantaneous oats right here—you want complete.
- Egg Whites: Egg whites work as a binder on this recipe, holding the large granola clusters collectively earlier than, throughout, and after baking. You want 2 massive egg whites and if you happen to’re utilizing carton egg whites from the shop, about 4 Tablespoons is a lot. Don’t pass over the egg whites.
- Pumpkin: Canned pumpkin puree is right right here. You gained’t use the complete can, only one/2 cup, so take a look at all of those recipes that use leftover pumpkin to get by way of the remainder of your can.
- Coconut Oil: Don’t depart this out! The fats retains granola from turning right into a mushy mess and provides crunch and richness to each cluster. You should use vegetable oil or melted butter as an alternative if wanted.
- Maple Syrup: Pure maple syrup provides taste and sweetness and also you’ll admire that a lot of the sugar on this recipe is unrefined. Use honey or brown rice syrup as an alternative if desired.
- Brown Sugar: I examined this granola with out the brown sugar and sadly, it wasn’t very tasty—fully bland pumpkin. There’s solely 3 Tablespoons of brown sugar whole, which isn’t a lot divided over about 5+ cups of granola. The brown sugar will frivolously caramelize over the oats. In case you choose, you should use coconut sugar as an alternative.
Not a fan of pumpkin? You would possibly take pleasure in this maple almond cranberry granola as an alternative.
Add-Ins & Extras
The beauty of this recipe, and plenty of of my different granola recipes, is that you could combine and match your add-ins primarily based on what you want and/or what you’ve readily available.
Listed below are some prompt substitutes and add-ins:
- In case you don’t like unsweetened coconut, merely depart it out.
- Not a fan of dried cranberries? Use dried cherries, raisins, chopped dried apples, or depart them out fully.
- Can’t discover pumpkin seeds, aka pepitas? Add extra pecans or skip them fully.
- Add chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or butterscotch chips to the granola because it cools.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of unsweetened pure or dutch-process cocoa powder with the moist components for chocolate pumpkin granola.
Combine the dry components collectively, together with the oats, spices, and a few add-ins. Individually, combine the moist components collectively after which pour over the dry components:
Observe: Add the dried cranberries AFTER baking; in any other case they are going to burn.
Success Tip: Don’t Crowd the Baking Sheet
Earlier than baking, the pumpkin granola combination may be very moist. To ensure that it to bake correctly and change into crunchy, you could give the granola some respiration room on the lined baking sheet. My #1 piece of recommendation is to divide the granola combination between two lined baking sheets. Unfold it out into 1 even layer, with loads of room. This lets the oven’s warmth attain each single cluster.
Every chunk of the granola tastes like frivolously sweetened spiced pumpkin with toasted pecans and chewy dried cranberries. There are such a lot of methods to take pleasure in this! Cereal-style with milk, spooned over yogurt or a smoothie bowl (like this pumpkin protein smoothie!), layered parfait-style with chopped apples and yogurt, or take pleasure in plain as a fast snack.
You could possibly even use this because the crunchy topping on smooth, maple vanilla baked pears. Scrumptious!
Some Different Wholesome Fall Recipes
An excellent crunchy and flavorful pumpkin spiced granola, sweetened with maple syrup, a contact of brown sugar, and loaded with fall goodies like pecans, dried cranberries, and pumpkin seeds. Make sure to learn the textual content of the submit for substitution choices. Granola is of course gluten free if utilizing licensed GF oats.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line two massive baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Put aside.
- In a big bowl, stir the oats, coconut, pepitas, pecans, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt collectively till mixed. Put aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg whites for about 1 minute. Then whisk within the melted coconut oil, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, brown sugar, and vanilla till easy and mixed. Pour over dry components and blend till all the things is moistened.
- Unfold combination out onto ready baking sheets and bake every batch for 40 minutes, ensuring to stir the granola each 10-Quarter-hour to forestall burning.
- Enable granola to chill for 20 minutes on the baking sheets. This may assist it get crunchier. Pour into a big bowl and stir within the dried cranberries.
- Cowl tightly and retailer at room temperature for as much as 2 weeks. Granola will lose its crunch extra time due to the pumpkin.
- Substitutions: Make sure to learn the textual content of the submit for substitution choices.
- Add Raw Quinoa: You’ll be able to add 1/4 cup raw quinoa to this recipe and I typically do for additional crunch! Combine in with the dry components (the oat combination).
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: You could find pumpkin pie spice within the baking aisle of most grocery shops or make your individual home made pumpkin pie spice. In case you don’t have both and wish to use particular person spices, use 1/4 teaspoon every: floor ginger, floor nutmeg, floor cloves, and floor allspice. That is along with the two teaspoons of cinnamon—you’ll nonetheless add that.
Key phrases: pumpkin spice granola
Baking Made Straightforward
Are you new to this web site? This e mail sequence is a superb place to start out. I’ll stroll you thru a number of of my hottest recipes and present you precisely why they work.